Smartphones are the mobile devices that rapidly gaining popularity in the mobile phone world. Now everyone's wants to have smartphone in his pocket. But no one can afford expensive luxurious smartphones. However, thanks to Samsung and HTC they made such an affordable, durable smartphone for average persons (e.g. Samsung Galaxy Pocket, Samsung Galaxy Y, HTC Explorer, HTC Wildfire).
Smartphones are basically designed for multitasking which cost lots of internal memory and RAM. Unfortunately, these smartphones have below average internal memory and RAM because of their cheap price. But, don't worry!!!... I have a really good news for that you can easily increase your smartphones internal memory by yourself in just minutes. Let's see how:
- Smartphone (HTC Explorer, etc)
- Memory Card / SD Card (Minimum 2 GB)
- Card Reader (If you don't have you can use your old phone like I used my Nokia N95 as card reader :)
- USB Cable of Your Smartphone
- Link2SD for Android (Click here to get it from Google Play)
- MiniTool Partition Wizard (Click here to get if from its Official Website)
Trick is Here!!!!
- Put Your Memory card into Card Reader (I don't have Card Reader and I used my Nokia N95 for it)
- Install MiniTool on Your PC
- After Installation Open MiniTool and see the section like in situation is Disk 2 which is probably for yours too.
Warning: Before doing anything else first backup everything from your mobile which I didn't by mistake :( and lost my data.
- Select Disk 2 and Hit Delete button which is toolbar right after Menu Bar.
- Right Click on this deleted disk and select Create option
- Select FAT32 for File-system, Label your partition name with any name your like which will be your SD card partition for mobile.
- Type the 1024 MB for your Partition size (But I'm not forcing you can use any size under 1024 you like for your SD card or External Memory)
- Hit OK button
Now it's time for creating partition for internal memory:
- Select the remaining RAW partition in section Disk 2
- Right click on it and select Create Option
- Select Ext2 for File-system, Don't need to Label this time
- No need to select Partition size
- Hit OK button
Remember, if you forget to backup your memory card you still have a chance to backup. Now finally, you can press Apply button which is at very left in the toolbar. Now it will start processing for creating these partition.
After this process then your headache of getting message of "Low Internal Memory" is also removed :)
Now some last steps:
- Turn off the smartphone, Put this SD card in your smartphone, and turn it on again
- Install Link2SD
- After Installation open Link2SD it will prompt for secondary partition which you can now use as extra internal memory
- Select Ext2 radio-button and click OK
- It will again prompt you to Restart your mobile.
- After Restart, Now you've successfully increased internal memory of your smartphone.
Great! happy playing with your smartphone.
To get the most of your after increasing your internal memory check out these most important tutorial. Because before following this process I've rooted my smartphone. Also unlocked the HTC boot-loader and installed SuperUser app for android.
- How to Root Your HTC Explorer
- How to Unloader Boot-loader of your HTC Explorer Very Easy!!!
- Install SuperUser App and Be a Hero your Smartphone